As I talk about making incremental changes that will lead to radical results, I’m reminded that one of the most important tools in our arsenal is OUR CALENDAR. Now, I know some people hate their calendars and only use it because they have no choice. I on the other hand LOVE my calendar, as it keeps me in order, efficient and productive. One thing I haven’t done though, is use my calendar strategically. Having a calendar so filled can make it feel stifling, but if you start scheduling strategic time too, your calendar can become your friend. I was convicted to schedule FOUR important days moving forward:
- Daily prayer and self-improvement time each morning:
- Bible devotions
- Professional growth material review
- Weekly Sabbatical (that I talked about a few months back)
- Monthly Personal Retreat to recharge and have creative space for God to download into me.
- Monthly Marriage Retreat, where I spend the day with my wife with NO agenda to reconnect with the second (to God) most important relationship in my life.
Luke 6:12 (NIV)
12 One of those days Jesus went out to a mountainside to pray, and spent the night praying to God.
So, What… for This Week?
Is YOUR calendar your friend or a nemesis? Are you actually scheduling the MOST important times in your calendar, or are you taking that time for granted? It’s so important to spend more time with God and it’s rare that our calendars reflect that time. You may be thinking that I’m crazy because your time is SO limited, but I guarantee if you start reprioritizing your schedule, God WILL show up and the peace He brings will give you more time than you commit to Him! Life WILL get more peaceful!