On of the first steps toward unlocking YOUR potential is beginning with clarity on your current reality.  It may sound selfish, but if YOU are not healthy yourself, you can’t serve others well.  Like we are told when we travel by air, make sure you secure YOUR oxygen mask before you help others.  Over the next few weeks, I will be asking you to assess your strengths, weaknesses, resources, and environment in order to plan the best route forward. Today, I want to touch on the 70:30 tool that will help you be intentional to lead yourself in a way that allows you to bring your best at every stage of the journey ahead. We all have natural strengths and challenges and we typically find the most peace, fulfillment, and productivity when we are able to spend 70% time focused on strengths, and the other 30% of our time doing things that are more difficult, draining, and not natural to us. The 70% brings us energy to do the 30%.  As a small business owner, I was forced to learn jobs that were not in my natural strength…but they ultimately drained me.  God doesn’t want us to be drained.  There are SO many verses about God’s peace!  

Philippians 4:6-7

6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

So, What… for This Week?

The best thing you can do when you are filled with anxiety and worry is to find a quiet place to pray, read Scripture, and listen to encouraging worship music. God wants you to have a life lived to the fullest and that includes being at peace. You can also teach your team and family the 70:30 principle. Be vulnerable and honest as you discuss with them where you think you are right now, including what parts of your day are draining (your 30%) and what parts of your day give you energy (your 70%). It’s important for you and those around you to understand what types of things “make you come alive” and what does not. Then, ask them where they think they are right now in terms of their own 70:30. Use thought provoking questions like, “What brings you life? What is draining to you?” Be sure to discuss what specific activities bring them life (their 70%) and what activities are draining (their 30%).  If you want info on the 70:30 Tool, let me know, or watch this video: 70:30 Principle